Veneers – Downers Grove, IL
Gain a Gorgeous Smile in Just Two Appointments!
Do you have a stained tooth that doesn’t seem to ever respond to teeth whitening treatments? Do you have a chipped tooth that makes it hard to smile with confidence? Do you have a few crooked teeth but don’t want to spend a year or more wearing orthodontic appliances? Here at Esplanade Dental Care, we offer a solution to all of these problems and more – veneers. This versatile treatment can instantly cover up just about any aesthetic flaw in a tooth. Plus, the process is quick – with veneers in Downers Grove, you can gain a gorgeous smile in just two appointments! Give our friendly team a call today to set up your FREE consultation.
What Are Veneers?
A veneer is a thin porcelain shell that is placed over a tooth’s front-facing surface. Once in place, virtually all of the imperfections your tooth may have disappear. Not only can we customize the veneers to match the shape, size, and color of your pearly whites, but dental porcelain also resembles tooth enamel quite well, including the way it reflects light. Because of this, your results will look flawlessly natural!
As an incredibly versatile cosmetic dentistry solution, veneers can correct all of the following problems and more:
- Stubborn discoloration or stains
- Chipped or cracked enamel
- Small gaps between teeth
- Misshapen, short, or stubby teeth
- Slightly crooked or rotated teeth
- Irregular gumlines
The Veneers Process
Not counting your initial consultation, it usually takes two appointments to transform your smile with veneers. During the first phase of your treatment, one of our dentists gently reshapes your tooth enamel to create room in your smile for the veneers. Then, we take impressions of the affected teeth. From those impressions, we create a mold that our partnered dental lab uses to make your personalized veneers. While they’re being crafted, we can place temporary veneers to protect your teeth in the interim.
The second appointment, which takes place when the veneers arrive at our office a few weeks later, is much shorter. All we have to do is remove your temporaries, make any last-minute adjustments to your permanent veneers, and cement them to the fronts of your teeth.
Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are a great option for many people seeking a more attractive smile. Here are just a few of the many reasons why your cosmetic dentist in Downers Grove may suggest veneers:
- Correct several aesthetic issues simultaneously
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Results achieved in two appointments over the course of a few weeks
- Seamless, natural-looking results
- Can last for 10+ years with little maintenance
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Because each veneer is customized according to the needs of your unique smile, the price you’ll pay for veneers in Downers Grove will differ from every other patient. While veneers may cost more than other cosmetic dental services, keep in mind that in terms of dental work, you tend to get what you pay for. As one of the longest-lasting cosmetic treatments we offer, you’ll be making a great investment with veneers. Plus, you can’t put a price on the confidence you’ll gain!
Cost of Veneers vs. Other Cosmetic Dental Treatments
While the cost of veneers is typically higher than that of other cosmetic dentistry treatments, you have to consider the benefits that only they can provide. Here is why your cosmetic dentist in Downers Grove might recommend veneers over alternative solutions:
- Braces – Braces can straighten crooked teeth more effectively than veneers can. They can also fix bite alignment issues like overbites. However, you’ll have to wear awkward and limiting metal brackets and wires for an average of 18 to 24 months or longer. In contrast, veneers can close minor gaps or correct slightly crooked or rotated teeth in just two appointments.
- Teeth whitening – Our professional teeth whitening treatments can remove years’ worth of stubborn stains, but unfortunately, they cannot do anything to alter the size, shape, or proportion of your teeth. Plus, even the best teeth whitening treatment only last for a few months to a year at most. Veneers, on the other hand, can easily last for a decade, maybe even two.
- Direct bonding – Sculpting a composite resin onto your tooth can fix a variety of flaws, including chips, gaps, and stains. Bonding costs significantly less than veneers do, but the results are not nearly as durable. Your procedure will have to be redone every few years.
- Veneers – After only two visits to our dental office, veneers can give your smile a complete makeover by fixing virtually any cosmetic imperfections your teeth could have. These porcelain shells are also durable enough to withstand 10 to 20 years of daily biting and chewing. As you’ll soon discover, the confidence you’ll attain with veneers is worth every single penny!
How to Make Veneers Affordable
It’s quite rare for dental insurance providers to cover the cost of veneers in Downers Grove, as they usually consider it an elective procedure. Don’t worry, though; our team can help you find ways to pay for veneers without breaking the bank.
In addition to accepting traditional payment methods, our dental office is also a partner with CareCredit. With the sheer variety of payment plans that CareCredit offers, you’re sure to find one that can easily fit within your budget. Best of all, many of them come with extremely low or even zero interest for qualified patients!
You can turn the smile of your dreams into reality with veneers in Downers Grove; however, they are a lifelong commitment. Your team at Esplanade Dental Care understands you might have a few concerns before you’re ready to commit to them. We will explain everything during your veneer consultation. While you wait for your appointment, here are the answers to a few of the most frequently asked questions.
Are Veneers Permanent?
Veneers aren’t permanent because they will need to be replaced, eventually. However, they aren’t reversible because your dentist must remove a small amount of enamel to bond them to your teeth. Although this doesn’t harm your teeth, they will always need to be covered by restorations, whether crowns or veneers. Thankfully, you don’t have to budget for replacements often because veneers provide a long-term solution for a stunning smile.
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
A veneer can be bonded to a single tooth to enhance its color, size, and shape, but the overall goal of the procedure is to improve the entire smile. As a result, your cosmetic dentist in Downers Grove will recommend applying them to the teeth visible when smiling. Every mouth is unique, so there isn’t any way to know how many you’ll need to reach your goals without first examining your smile. Some patients only require 4 to 6, while other people may need 8 to 10.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
The average lifespan of veneers is about 10 years, but it’s not unusual for them to last for much longer. Various factors will affect the life expectancy of your new smile, like your oral hygiene routine. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and nonabrasive toothpaste to brush your teeth twice daily. Floss every day and use a daily mouthrinse. Your dentist will recommend breaking any bad habits, like using your teeth in place of scissors, chewing on your fingernails, or smoking. It’s best to avoid hard or sticky foods. Besides caring for your smile at home, visit your dentist every 6 months for a cleaning and checkup.
Can I Use My Dental Insurance to Pay for Veneers?
Most dental insurance won’t pay for elective procedures, but there are expectations if treatment is medically necessary, like when needing replacement veneers. Although it’s unlikely your dental benefits will cover the cost of veneers, you can use your plan to offset the amount of other steps in your plan, like your initial consultation, imaging, or any preparatory treatments. A member of our team will work on your behalf with your dental insurance to maximize any applicable coverage. They’ll explain how your benefits are being used and if you owe a remaining balance. Our office offers various payment solutions for any out-of-pocket expenses, like a monthly payment plan through CareCredit. Based on your credit approval, you can enjoy little or no interest in financing. We will help you find the solutions you need to keep a picture-perfect smile within your budget.