Invisalign® Clear Aligners – Downers Grove, IL
Straighten Smiles Seamlessly
At Esplanade Dental Care, Dr. Albert and Dr. Snow understand the pressures that many patients face when it comes to maintaining a professional, polished appearance. If you’re interested in straightening your teeth but unwilling to undergo traditional orthodontic treatment because of its unnatural appearance, Invisalign clear aligners may be an excellent, image-friendly alternative. Please contact us today if you’re interested in exploring this option further with an initial consultation in Downers Grove, IL.
How Invisalign Works
Instead of silver brackets and wires, Invisalign treatment gradually repositions teeth with a series of clear aligners. Each aligner is designed to represent a different stage of the patient’s smile throughout the treatment process, and they will be worn for an average of two weeks each before switching to the next one in the set. The aligners are made of a customized, high-quality plastic that’s very comfortable within the mouth and clear as well. As a result, it’s likely that most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them unless they’re looking closely.
Patients undergoing Invisalign treatment will need to plan to attend a brief checkup at Esplanade Dental Care every six weeks so that we can assess your progress and provide a new set of aligners.
While most patients are good candidates for Invisalign treatment, severe problems are typically better treated with traditional braces.
Indications for Invisalign
Apart from crooked teeth, our doctors may recommend Invisalign clear aligners for patients with the following orthodontic concerns:
If your teeth are too close together, tooth decay and gum disease can become a real problem. Trapped bacteria and food particles can cause cavities and infection to develop. To prevent this from happening, Invisalign can move your teeth and create the space needed for your teeth to be in proper alignment.
Spaces Between Teeth
Just like too little space can be a problem, so can too much space. When gaps between your teeth cause food to become trapped, your risk for cavities increase. By seeking treatment with Invisalign, the aligners will gently shift your teeth to close these gaps and eliminate future problems.
From TMJ/TMD disorder to teeth grinding, bite issues can wreak havoc on your oral health. Patients with an overbite, underbite, crossbite, or even an open bite can find relief with Invisalign in Downers Grove, which will work to shift your teeth and bring them into correct alignment.
Benefits of Invisalign
- As the name implies, Invisalign aligners are the ideal treatment option for patients who want to maintain a natural appearance. While not entirely invisible, the aligners themselves are so thin and discreet that they’ll usually be missed by people you interact with on a regular basis.
- Invisalign aligners are removable in nature and can be taken out of the mouth whenever the patient wishes. This means that you’ll be able to continue to enjoy all of your favorite foods without restrictions, brush and floss like normal at home, and even take them out for a short period of time if you’d like to look your very best for a special event or a photo. Generally, patients will need to ensure that they’re wearing their aligners for at least 22 hours a day to achieve optimal results.
- Traditional brackets and wires can often dig into the gum tissue, causing chronic discomfort for patients. The clear, smooth plastic of Invisalign aligners is very comfortable in comparison.
- Traditional braces can often require two or three years to be fully effective. While every case of Invisalign treatment is different, patients can expect to be finished on a speedier timeframe of 12 months on average.
Cost of Invisalign
If you’re ready to move forward with Invisalign aligners, we’re happy to hear it! But first, it’s important that you know how much you can expect to pay for treatment. Only during a consultation with a dentist in Downers Grove will you receive a confirmed estimate of how much your Invisalign will cost. Each patient and treatment timeline is different, so don’t expect to pay the same as your co-worker who had them last year. There are several factors that must be considered, such as:
- The number of aligners needed for treatment
- How long you’ll wear your Invisalign clear aligners
- Any pre-treatment dental work